Harvey Howell Solicitors is the trading name of Harvey Howell Limited, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under number 09452793. The Directors of Harvey Howell Limited are Mr John Howell and Dr Tony Harvey.
Harvey Howell Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the United Kingdom under number 630073. Our Professional Rules and Code of Conduct are available at www.sra.org.uk.
Our VAT registration number is 246607106.
The address for service for Harvey Howell Limited is 1 Mount Pleasant, Waterloo, Liverpool, L22 5PL. Service is not accepted by fax or electronic communication.
Harvey Howell Limited maintains compulsory professional indemnity insurance with Chancery Pii arranged via Six Clerks Insurance Services Limited of 70 Mark Lane, London, EC3R 7NQ.
Client Complaints Procedure
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When you think something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We would always want our clients to raise any concerns a soon as practicable with the member of staff who is undertaking their work. However we accept that there may be occasions when the member of staff is unable to resolve your complaint or you may feel it is sufficiently serious that you want a more senior member of the firm to investigate this matter on your behalf.
If you have a complaint which you feel has not been dealt with satisfactorily by the member of staff concerned, please contact our Complaints Officer – Dr. Tony Harvey.
What will happen next?
(1) We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint normally within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
(2) The Complaints Officer will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve a review your matter file and a discussion with the member of staff who acted for you and may involve asking you to give further information regarding your complaint.
(3) The Complaints Officer will consider whether the matter can be dealt with more informally, for example, by correspondence or telephone, or whether a meeting with you is required. If so, we will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this normally within 15 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. However complaints come in all shapes and sizes and dealing with it may take longer in which case we will give you our anticipated response time.
(4) We will write to you normally within 15 working days of our complaint discussion with you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. However if the complaint is a complex one it may take longer in which case we will give you our anticipated response time.
(5) If you are still not satisfied, you may be able to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman will normally only deal with complaints from members of the public, very small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts. Please contact the Ombudsman direct to clarify whether he will consider your complaint. Your complaint must be normally made to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of your receiving our final decision on your complaint. You may contact the Legal Ombudsman at:
Office of the Legal Ombudsman
A copy of our complaints procedure is also available HERE.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information and we will ensure that information you provide to us is kept private and confidential and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
A copy of our Privacy Statement is available HERE or alternatively you can contact our Compliance Officer for Data Protection at our main office address or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Transparent Price Commitment
We are committed to providing you with the best possible information about the likely overall cost of your matter, both at the time of engagement and when appropriate as the matter progresses.
We are also committed to giving you the right information at the right time to help you make informed choices about the legal services you need – including an understanding of what the costs might be. To help you with this we provide you with information about our services and the prices we charge for them.
To view our pricing structure, please click here.